This is Maxima Tours’ famous and ever popular flower tour – with a special bonus just for you; an extra day visting Hermanus to go whale watching!
Be welcomed into a region of infinite diversity and contrast; united by an overriding theme of natural beauty. We explore this wonder-world of Namaqualand by luxury coach combined with a short flight between Johannesburg and Cape Town. We also offer you great comfort and the warmest of South African hospitality at the hotels in Namaqualand and the West Coast where we stay – a winning combination!
Augrabies to Springbok, with highlight such as Nababeep and Okiep. Experience the flower spectacle, which transforms this barren landscape into a kaleidoscope of colours. Here we slow our pace to take a closer look at this miracle and drink the beauty of this region in.
Our travels continue on to Lamberts Bay through Clanwilliam and Saldanha Bay. And we never miss the opportunity to feast on local cuisine, especially the tantalizing delights of the famous Bosduifklip Restaurant. To round off this experience we take a night-ride to the top of Signal Hill to enjoy the marvellous sight of Cape Town’s lights.
This year we spend an extra night in Cape Town, and take the opportunity to visit Hermas to do some whale spotting. Hermanus is one of the best places in the world to view these spectacular creatures from.
Maxima Tours has fine tuned the planning of this tour date based on years of experience, looking closely at the rain seasons and listening to the advice of our friends living in the region to find the best time to view this flower spectacular.
Included in the tour price:
- Luxury coach transport: What is a truly luxury coach? It has air conditioning, recline seats, a sound and communication system, a small refrigerator and WC for your convenience.
- A domestic flight between Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- Accommodation of high standard.
- Breakfast and dinner, as well as tea and light lunches as specified on the itinerary.
- All entrance fees for all outings scheduled on the itinerary.
- Tips for luggage porters.
Dedicated tour leaders will accompany you to ensure that everything runs smoothly.